Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Red, Red Rose



"My Love is Like a Red, Red Rose" is a 1794 song in Scots by Robert Burns based on traditional sources. The song is also referred to by the title My Love is Like A Red, Red Rose or Red, Red Rose and is often published as a poem.

The POEM

O my Love's like a red, red rose
That’s newly sprung in June;
O my Luve's like the melody
That’s sweetly play'd in tune.

As fair art thou, my bonnie lass,
So deep in love am I:
And I will love thee still, my dear,
Till all the seas run dry:

Till all the seas run dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt with the sun:
I will love thee still, my dear,
While the sands of life shall run.

And fare you well, my only Luve
And fare you well, a while!
And I will come again, my Love,
Though it were ten thousand mile


No comments:

Post a Comment